Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lunch at O'Charlie,Alabaster,Alabama

I spent the weekend at Alabaster, Alabama. This small city has developed so much since the last 10 years. There is a Strip Mall with big businesses like Target,Best Buy,Books A Million and a Super WalMart.Also many great restaurants like Olive Garden, Taco Bell, Buffalo Wings ,O Charlies are found there.
Sunday, we had lunch at O'Charlie.
They were quite busy but we did not wait to long for a table. Nice and Cozy environment ,very clean.
We ordered our drink, coffee for me as usual and water with lemon for my husband.
The waiter was fast to bring us a basket of rolls. They were the best rolls, freshly bake with a sweet glaze on top.
We ordered the combination plate, a choice of two entrees, with soup or salad and one side order for $12.99 .
I had the Fried Country Catfish and Sirloin steak with Pilaf rice and Tomatoes/Tortilla Soup.My Husband had the Baby Back Ribs and Grilled Chicken Breast with Salad and Fully Loaded Bake Potato.
We got our soup and salad . I loved my soup, has a little spicy and tangy taste .I was already full with the soup and rolls.The waiter brought us more rolls.
Waited for about 15 minutes for our main course. The catfish was well breaded with cornmeal and fried to golden brown, the sirloin was medium well . I did enjoyed my lunch,but I did not quite like the rice, just plain boiled Uncle Ben's.
My husband's plate of Baby Back Rib and Grilled Chicken Breast has a fully loaded Bake Potato with lots of butter, and bacon bits, The baby rib was small, but marinated well. We could not finish , so we had leftover to take home.
Our check comes up to $30.00 Plus $3.00 tips.
Food Rating Good, Service Good, Price, Affordable.

No comments: